Additionally, paste this code immediately after the opening tag: Cycling in Morocco - Forum Wereldfietser

Cycling in Morocco

Last year we went for our first time – cycling in Morocco. As many wereldfietsers already know – it’s a beautiful country! We went from Marrakech – over the Atlas Mountains out towards the Sahara, and also up the Dades river valley. We really enjoyed the trip and hope to return to Morocco in the future.

Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
awsome! we're going next week.

what time of year did you go?
cycled in long trousers as appropriate for local people?
can you wear lycra? different for man or woman?
did you do the desert stretch from foum zguid to mahmid?
concerns about bike theft? heavy locks are required?

martijn
That looks really nice! Thanks for sharing :)
Makes me long for the next summer holidays, 7.5 months of waiting left...
Ah well, plenty of time to dream about beautiful places like that until I get there myself one day...
Rapro schreef:awsome! we're going next week.

martijn
Als vrouw kan je het beste in knie of lange wijde broek fietsen. Ik heb ook wel eens in een lange winter lycra gefietst maar vond het voorgaande prettiger. Douwe fietst ook in korte lycra. In grotere plaatsen uiteraard fiets op slot en binnen zetten. Bij wildkamperen ook. Ik denk dat het stelen van fietsen zo geen probleem is. Overdag heerts er een grote sociale controle daar waar het druk is.
Hello Martijn and Lasse,

First of all, I’m happy to read that you both enjoyed the photos.

As for Martijn’s questions:
We went in October.
Long trousers are more appropriate (I wear bicycle shorts underneath my trousers). Plus I’m over forty years old. At my age, I think I look better in trousers than tight fitting lycra or for that matter miniskirts and string bikinis. I let the tight fitting clothing over for the twenty years olds. :D
Paul usually wears loose fitting shorts or long pants with bicycle shorts underneath.
No.
I agree with Blanche’s answer above on this question.

Hope that you have a great trip!
Grace
Ontzettend mooie serie foto's en erg fraai gepresenteerd.
Grace en Blanche,

Thanks for the replies. We will bring our complete garment to deal with freezing snow in the High Atlas and a burning sun in the Sahara. Hope we keep it a little light weight... :D

Martijn
Veel plezier Martijn! Rond Zagora en Ouarzazate kun je i.i.g. ook erg mooi fietsen. :wink: