Additionally, paste this code immediately after the opening tag: Hello Friends... room for 2 more cyclists? - Forum Wereldfietser

Hello Friends... room for 2 more cyclists?

Hello friends,

Sorry we don't speak Dutch yet (we want to learn) but we do ride bicycles and we'd like to join you. Can anyone give me the details in English?

We are just moving to Den Haag after 3 years around the world by bikes.

Friedel & Andrew
At first, this posting seemend a fake to me, but having googled your names it's obviously not. (http://travellingtwo.com/)

But what do you mean by the details?
Need rooms?
Moving to Den Haag and need a house to move into?
Where we keep the whipped cream? :wink:

You can have this site translated bt google. Sometimes the translations will be weird, but it kind of works.

Leon
For membership of De Wereldfietser you can use the form on this page. It costs only 15 euros per year and will enable you to practise dutch on the great quarterly magazine.

If you bring your tent, you can join the Huttentrektocht on 31 Oct.-1 Nov. Membership is not required for joining this activity.
Hi there,

If I look at your website than I see that you really qualify to be called wereldfietsers (worldcyclists). :)

I guess you requested some information about our club?

Our club was founded to:

- exchange information between cyclists.
- to give information to cyclists
- establish contacts between cyclists at home and abroad
- to supporting activities of the members

We have a magazine, we organize courses (eg. in bicycle repair, photography) and organize activities like lectures, camping trips and events. Talking about events, there is one on Sunday the 29th of November in Rotterdam (activiteitencentrum Zjaak), so if you want to meet us this is a very good opportunity.

If you want more informatie, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
Frank

BTW I moved your message to another part of the forum, because "Wereldfietser activiteiten" is more for announcing club activities.
One more question... if I have read the form correctly, it seems to be set up for a direct payment from a bank account. One problem: we don't have and probably won't have a Dutch bank account for at least a month or 6 weeks. Can we pay any other way?

Next time I will try translating this site. I know some German so that does help to give me a reasonable idea of at least the basic idea of what's going on!
(This is a repeat of what I typed a few moments ago... in my haste and poor Dutch knowledge, I hit 'wijzig' and replaced my first message with a second one. Now I know that means 'edit') :)

So, no, Leon and friends, we aren't fake... perhaps only in the sense that we do not have bicycles at the moment but we are hoping to fix that soon. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy used bikes in Den Haag? I've read that these used bikes can be relatively expensive so maybe we're just as well off buying new bikes?

We don't want to get anything that costs too much (like a Koga or something built for touring) because we don't have a lot of money at the moment and we also have no safe place to keep expensive bikes (just on the street in front of our house) until we're in our own accommodation.

With that in mind, my perhaps silly question is could we possibly join in one of your fun excursions on just regular old Dutch bikes, the typical black ones you see everywhere?

We haven't been on one yet so I have no idea how they ride but I know they are heavy and have few, if any gears. We averaged about 17km/hour on our loaded touring bikes so surely we should be able to do 20km/hour on unloaded Dutch bikes? We are in good shape if nothing else.

I think people have done long tours on them, or so I've heard!

Thanks for all your warm welcomes. Hope to meet some of you in person soon!
Hello,
travellingtwo schreef:One more question... if I have read the form correctly, it seems to be set up for a direct payment from a bank account. One problem: we don't have and probably won't have a Dutch bank account for at least a month or 6 weeks. Can we pay any other way?
Maybe, please send an email to Leden@wereldfietser.nl I'm sure they can help you there.

Frank
Hello Friedel and Andrew,

That§s funnz, we met before on the web and with email. And now zou to are joining the same club and moving to live onlz 15 km from mz house :wink: We defenitelz should meet

Sorrz mz language is so strange but thats because we§re one week in the Chech Republic and the computer is a bit strange. And its freeying cold.

Till soon.

Blanche
WELCOME !!

Nice to see you around here :D
If you need any help with tranfering money, just let me know. We still have a Dutch bank account (not much in it anymore (donations welcome :wink: )) and we also have a PayPal account. So, you can pay us through PayPal and we can pay somebody else via our bank account. Hope that helps.

And what is this, no Dutch yet? And you've been in the country for what? Three days? :lol: Have fun, this is a nice club, good forum and they organise a lot of (usefull) activities. Ciao for now, the rest via mail.
Greetings from Huancayo, Peru,
Ali and Son