Additionally, paste this code immediately after the opening tag: One man, One bike, One leg, Six States - Forum Wereldfietser

One man, One bike, One leg, Six States

Tomorrow I jump in a plane which will hopefully bring me and my bike to Portland Oregon :D :D :D
And then it is easy, one thousand miles east and then five hundred miles south ... More or less.
To Salt Lake City, if only for the name !

And here is where you can read my adventures, once in a while :)

I hope you have fun reading, I know I am, riding !

Cheers !
Ga je volgen Lars, have fun...

Gr Leo
Hit the road man. Have fun.

Ronald van der Perk
Goed bezig, veel plezier :)
Held! Enjoy!
Lars

Ik vertrouw er op dat het een geweldige mooie tocht wordt.

Natuurlijk moet je op dit form iets van je laten horen.

Groet van Mario
Hadie Lars,

Respect! Bikkel dat je het zo weer opgepakt hebt.
Ik wil je graag volgen, maar ik zie geen link. Of kijk ik niet goed?
HansvanderVeeke schreef:Hadie Lars,

Hij gaat zijn verslagen hier plaatsen Hans.
Enne Lars leuk dat je nog ff belde vanmiddag! Geniet ze! 8)
Ha die Lars,

Zijn de Amerikaanse TV-ploegen ingeseind.
Leuk een reactie uit Sweet Lake City naar iemand die binnenkort in Salt Lake City fietst.
Blanche schreef:
HansvanderVeeke schreef:Hadie Lars,

Hij gaat zijn verslagen hier plaatsen Hans.
Enne Lars leuk dat je nog ff belde vanmiddag! Geniet ze! 8)

Aha... Foute verwachting van mij. Ik dacht dat hij het linkje bij de tekst 'and here is' vergeten was. Maar hier is helemaal goed.
bert sitters schreef:Ha die Lars,

Zijn de Amerikaanse TV-ploegen ingeseind.
Leuk een reactie uit Sweet Lake City naar iemand die binnenkort in Salt Lake City fietst.
Koren op de molen van de Amerikaanse TV-ploegen inderdaad, dit verhaal :lol:
he lars
veel plezier daar in het verre america,hoop snel een paar mooie berichten van je te lezen
Good luck and have fun!
Kom op Lars schrijven! Of beleef je niet zo veel?
Hij kwam niet door de douane met z'n bionische been :-)
Have fun, ride and enjoy :D :D :D
Lars, ik wens je een goede trip toe. Veel plezier toegewenst.
Howdy how !

5 cycling days brought me to Monument Oregon; most of them were pretty heavy !
But the sun is shining and the winds are good :D

But lets start in Amsterdam, at the airport.
At the Delta Airlines gate was a large row of people checking in. I saw this handicapt sign so I asked if that was meant for me too. I was wearing my shorts so the guy looked down at my bionic leg and said ' sure sir, follow me '
We passed like a good hundred people to an empty desk and I was helped imediately :D
That went smooth !!!
At the next gate, where the customs were I choose to stand in line but after a minute an officier came to me and asked me to follow him. For a second I thought O boy but he brought me to an empty gate, again passing lots, lots of people.
I said to him ' Well thank you but I feel a little embarresed ' but he said ' no, why ?
At the boarding gate I got priority boarding ...
In the plane the man next to me was seated elsewhere so I had two seats for me alone and enough space for my legs.
( there was plenty of space so the man had the same seating, otherwise I would have said that I was fine )

So sometimes it pays of to have a prosthetic :D

I stayed onze night in Portland were I planned and paid for two, couldn't wait to hit the road and wasn't that tired from the flight.

First 100 miles were through beautiful green wet rainforest.
When I passed mount Hood I was in the desert, sunny and hot ! 25 + degrees

In Fossil I asked directions to the grocery store at an old man in a garden. He told me AND invited me to camp in his garden next to a small creek AND a six o'clock dinner !
I said ' well sir, that sounds like an offer I cannot refuse ' !
Which I didn't

Next morning I had an immediate problem, I needed a toilet and fast !
Now, with my bionic leg I cannot sit above the ground and do a big ' you know '
I need to sit on something ...
Then my eyes registered my plastic chair I use for taking a shower, need to sit there too.
I thought, if I sit with my ass hanging over and place a plastic bag right under it it might work, all in the porch of my tent where nobody could see me.
That all within the minute couse I still had this emergency :wink:
And it worked, right in the middle !!!

So happily I packed my bags and tent and rode through stunning red hills, green trees and streaming rivers to Monument where I am right now.

Next time a less dirty story oké :wink:

As they say here, you all have a good one !
So here I am, reading your story while eating my dinner, wondering what happened to the plastic bag...
Enjoy, Lars!
lars de wit schreef: So sometimes it pays of to have a prosthetic :D
Haha die Lars the disabled men!
Goed zo jongen pluk er ook maar de vruchten van! Douwe en ik hebben hard gelachen om je verhaal. Had graag de gezichten van de andere passagiers gezien terwijl iemand ze verteld dat deze man naast disabled voorrang ook nog een mooie lange fietsreis te maken gaat maken. :lol: Veel plezier!