Additionally, paste this code immediately after the opening tag: Trustworthy bikeshops needed! - Forum Wereldfietser

Trustworthy bikeshops needed!

Dear People!

I'm a Hungarian biker trying to find his way in the Dutch bike 'scene'. I would like to ask you to suggest me bikeshops in Rotterdam and/or in Utrecht.

I'm looking for shops with experienced repairmen + good assortment in parts. So, not the first "Mega-Bike multi-hyperstore" but ones with higher expertise+responsibility.

-----
Could you also suggest a shop where they could weld my good old, but broken CroMo frame?

Thanks for all the responses in advance!

tamas

Hi Tamas,

Welcome on our forum! I believe you are the first English speaking person on this forum.

To answer your question: a very good bike shop in Utrecht is Snel (www.sneltweewielers.nl). They have earned a very good reputation among World Cyclists and specialize in bicycles for cycling holidays.

When I lived in in Rotterdam I always went to Bikers Best (on the Noordsingel, if I am correct), but that was years ago and it is more of a general biking store focussed on mountainbikes.

Other good cycling shops in Holland include Vittorio in Heerhugowaard and Lohmans in Amsterdam. I have heard some good stories on a bicycle shop in Nijmegen as well. All of these shops should be able to help you out.

Good luck!

Dennis

Hi,

in the neighbourhood of Rotterdam is a place called Voorburg.
There is a very good bike shop: Van Herwerden.
They are specialized in race and trekking bikes.
Look at www.vanherwerden.nl (only in Dutch...).

Good Luck!
Freek
cseltom schreef:Dear People!

I'm a Hungarian biker trying to find his way in the Dutch bike 'scene'. I would like to ask you to suggest me bikeshops in Rotterdam and/or in Utrecht.

I'm looking for shops with experienced repairmen + good assortment in parts. So, not the first "Mega-Bike multi-hyperstore" but ones with higher expertise+responsibility.

-----
Could you also suggest a shop where they could weld my good old, but broken CroMo frame?

Thanks for all the responses in advance!

tamas
Hi Tamas,

Welcome in Holland! Several good bike shops in the area of Rotterdam are already mentioned.
Another good one is: All Bikes and More, Jonker Fransstr 91-93, 3031AP Rotterdam

Tel: 010 2406161
Fax: 010 2829953
URL: www.allbikes.nl
Email: info@allbikes.nl

If you know exactly what you need you could also try this webstore: Bike2Build. If you want to visit the store you can find them in Vlaardingen, close to Rotterdam.

Good luck.

Lisette

Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I will check out Bikers Best this weekend.

Re-cycle (http://www.re-cycle.nl) must be a good shop too for 'wereldfietsers', though Wageningen is not close to Rotterdam if I'm correct.

cheers:

tamas